Ensure the safety of your equipment.
Cylinder Inspection, Testing, Blasting & Painting
General Distributing has on-site ASTM Level-II certified technicians to ensure all our cylinders are safe and compliant using two very detailed and precise ways:
1. Ultrasonic Cylinder Testing
General Distributing uses the latest UE machine from Hexagon Digital Wave called The UE17 to provide Ultrasonic Cylinder Examination. This machine:
- Detects internal defects that decrease cylinder life
- Allows inspection without valve removal
- Avoids moisture and contamination during testing
- Determines wall thickness to ensure container does not collapse under pressure
- Preserves integrity of the cylinder
2. Hydrostatic Cylinder Testing
We operate a Galiso Hydrostatic Tester for a process called hydrostatic testing. Hydrostatic testing is the industry standard method of re-qualifying/re-certifying compressed and packaged gas cylinders. The process involves in-depth visual examinations of both the interior and exterior of the cylinder, along with a water pressure test to confirm pressure-holding ability.
Cylinders We Test:
- HP steel Cylinders
- Aluminum Cylinders
- CO2 Cylinders
- Small Medical
- Various Special Permit Cylinders
State Of The Art Cylinder Exterior Blasting And Painting Operation
For cylinders that are structurally sound but need cosmetic improvement, our cylinder blasting machines remove all paint, scale, and exterior contaminants from the tank. During this process it also gives our test department the chance to closer inspect the condition of the cylinder for any flaws or accidental damage. The new, clean cylinder is then ready for our application of tough new paint that protects the asset from any elements that might cause danger to the cylinder.